BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
CRICOS Course Code: 103992J
Level 1, 158-160 Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia.
The course duration is 52 weeks (40 weeks study period and 12 weeks term break) – Full time
*Duration may vary based on RPL and/or CT
* Work Placement: not applicable
Blended learning: 70% in campus (face-to-face) and 30% online learning
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They may also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of enrolment.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent level of study in applicant’s home country
- English Proficiency:
- Minimum English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent; or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 and satisfactory completion of an Upper Intermediate ELICOS or EAL/EAP program of 10 weeks or up to 20 weeks; or
- Successful completion of a 5-year education/study in a English speaking country such as Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa or United Kingdom; or
- If you originate from a country that is *exempt from meeting the English Language requirements set by the DHA, successful completion of Tr4in Right’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test; or
- Within 2 years of application date, successful completion in Australia of:
- a foundation course; or
- a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education; or
- a substantial part (at least 70%) of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework (refer to aqf.edu.au/)
*IELTS or other equivalent English Proficiency test results older than 2 years are not accepted unless you have completed 2 years of study in Australia.
*Assessment of overseas qualification against the AQF requirements may be referred to the equivalency table for each country.
*For more information on exemption from meeting the English Language requirements (student visa assessment levels), refer to the Dept. of Home Affairs (www.homeaffairs.gov.au)
- Completion of Pre-Training Review
- Completion of an LLN Test
- Digital literacy (to use digital technologies to access information via internet and use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Visa and Study rights in Australia: You must hold a relevant visa that allows you to study in Australia when you commence studies.
It is recommended that you have access to a PC or laptop with reliable internet connection and with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. Alternately, these equipment and software are available for use at Tr4in Right’s campus.
Assessment may be both formative and summative and may include a combination of projects, assignments, written assessments, role plays, case studies and activities.
Further study pathways:
On successful completion of this qualification, students may undertake a range of Diploma level qualifications within the BSB Business Services Training Package or other Training Packages.
Examples of indicative job roles for students on successful completion of the qualification are:
- Team Leader
Students may exit from the program at any point and be awarded a Statement of Attainment for any completed unit of competency
With our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Credit Transfer (CT) we can help fill the gaps in your knowledge to upgrade your qualification(s) faster.
To attain the qualification, the following 12 units of competency must be completed:
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBLDR411||Demonstrate leadership in the workplace|
|BSBLDR413||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBOPS402||Coordinate business operational plans|
|BSBXCM401||Apply communication strategies in the workplace|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|BSBLDR414||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBOPS403||Apply business risk management processes|
|BSBSUS411||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBWHS411||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs|
|BSBPEF402||Develop personal work priorities|
|BSBLDR412||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
The selection of elective units represents a reduced suite of elective unit options that have been selected and is being offered by Tr4in Right.