Covid-19 Campus Information
Keeping Our Students And Staff Safe And Protected
Tr4in Right continues to work closely with the State Government and Health Department to support our students during the Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to keep our students and staff safe by undertaking precautionary measures and maintaining regular communications. To date, we have still had no reported or confirmed cases of the virus.
Student Orientation will be done via phone, e-mail and Zoom. New students will receive e-mails and calls from our Student Support team with further information and instructions. If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com or phone 03-9996-1986.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to support you how to make payments.
Your online learning environment will be supported by a range of resources that will vary between units but may consist of learning summaries, video recordings and extra documents to aid in your learning. All lecturing staff will be available online at scheduled class times to guide and support you through your studies.
Assessment tasks will vary for each Unit but most of these may be moved online. Some assessment tasks may also be delayed or deferred to a later date pending the situation with COVID-19. Please communicate with your Trainer for Unit specific information. The best way to do this is through Zoom.
Student Support and engagement
Most services are being provided remotely via Zoom, email or by phone. All staff at Tr4in Right continues to work to provide you with the support you need. Please remain connected with us so we can assist you as you continue your studies. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate contacting us on 03-9996-1986 or email to email@example.com. We appreciate your patience whilst we make contact with you.
QUESTIONS YOU MAY WANT TO ASK
Can I defer my studies?
If you are unable to start our course in time and would like to defer your studies, please contact our Admission Department via firstname.lastname@example.org for information and support.
How do I withdraw from my studies?
Please also refer to our:
Deferment and Allowable Suspension of Studies Policy and Procedures, Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy.
- updates from the Australian Government regarding changes to support International Students https://ministers.dese.gov.au/tudge/supporting-international-students-support-australian-jobs
- the Study in Australia website to see a list of coronavirus (COVID-19) information pages for universities, TAFEs and schools. https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/english/study-in-australia-student-support/australian-education-provider-list
- the Study Melbourne’s COVID-19 webpage https://www.studymelbourne.vic.gov.au/help-and-support/support-for-students-coronavirus
- the Study in Australia website for additional information and advice about health, education, travel and visas. https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/English/student-support
- The Department of Health and Human Services website provides information about coronavirus (COVID-19) in many languages. https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/translated-resources-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
What support is available for international students facing financial hardship?
The Victorian Government has announced a $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund for international students facing financial hardship.
If you are an international student in Victoria experiencing financial hardship, you may be eligible for support. For more information and how to apply, visit: https://www.studymelbourne.vic.gov.au/news-updates/international-student-emergency-relief-fund/university-and-tafe/stream-1-faqs