BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS Course Code: 108423B
Level 1, 158-160 Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
The course duration is 52 weeks (40 weeks study period and 12 weeks term break) – Full time.
Blended learning: 70% in campus (face-to-face) and 30% online learning
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
The main entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions).
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
Other entry requirements:
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of enrolment.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent level of study in applicant’s home country
- English Proficiency
- Minimum English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent; or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 and satisfactory completion of an Upper
- Intermediate ELICOS or EAL/EAP program of 10 weeks or up to 20 weeks; or
- Successful completion of a 5-year education/study in a English speaking country such as Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa or United Kingdom; or
- If you originate from a country that is *exempt from meeting the English Language requirements set by the DHA, successful completion of Tr4in Right’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test (LLN); or
- Within 2 years of application date, successful completion in Australia of:
- a foundation course; or
- a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education; or
- a substantial part (at least 70%) of a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework (refer to www.aqf.edu.au/)
- Or any other form which satisfies the institution during the pre-enrolment interview.
*IELTS or other equivalent English Proficiency test results older than 2 years are not accepted unless you have completed 2 years of study in Australia.
*Assessment of overseas qualification against the AQF requirements may be referred to the equivalency table for each country.
*For more information on exemption from meeting the English Language requirements (student visa assessment levels), refer to the Dept. of Home Affairs (www.homeaffairs.gov.au)
- Completion of a Pre-Training Review
- Completion of an LLN Test
- Computer proficiency (to use digital technologies to access information via internet and use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Visa and Study rights in Australia: You must hold a relevant visa that allows you to study in Australia when you commence studies.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software are available for use at Tr4in Right’s campus.
Assessment may be both formative and summative and may include a combination of projects, assignments, written assessments, role plays, case studies and activities.
On successful completion of this qualification, students may undertake a range of other Advanced Diploma level qualifications within the BSB Business Services Training Package or other Training Packages or higher education courses.
Examples of indicative job roles for students on successful completion of the qualification may include:
- Area Manager
- Department Manager
- Regional Manager
Students may exit from the program at any point and be awarded a Statement of Attainment for any completed unit of competency
With our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Credit Transfer (CT) we can help fill the gaps in your knowledge to upgrade your qualification(s) faster.
To attain the qualification, the following 10 units of competency must be completed:
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBCRT611||Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving|
|BSBLDR601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBLDR602||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBOPS601||Develop and implement business plans|
|BSBSTR601||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|
|BSBTEC601||Review organisational digital strategy|
|BSBSTR602||Develop organisational strategies|
|BSBMKG623||Develop marketing plans|
|BSBFIN601||Manage organisational finances|
Note: The list of elective units may change from time to time based on industry consultations.
or Direct application, please contact us on:
Tel: +61 3 9996 1986
Contact your Education Agent who will provide you with information you may require