BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS Code: 104332D
Level 1, 158-160 Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
The course duration is 52 weeks (40 weeks study period and 12 weeks term break) – Full time.
Blended learning: 70% in campus (face-to-face) and 30% online learning
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of enrolment.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent level of study in applicant’s home country
- English Proficiency
- Minimum English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent; or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 and satisfactory completion of an Upper
- Intermediate ELICOS or EAL/EAP program of 10 weeks or up to 20 weeks; or
- Successful completion of a 5-year education/study in a English speaking country such as Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa or United Kingdom; or
- If you originate from a country that is *exempt from meeting the English Language requirements set by the DHA, successful completion of Tr4in Right’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test (LLN); or
- Within 2 years of application date, successful completion in Australia of:
- a foundation course; or
- a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education; or
- a substantial part (at least 70%) of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework (refer to www.aqf.edu.au/)
*IELTS or other equivalent English Proficiency test results older than 2 years are not accepted unless you have completed 2 years of study in Australia.
*Assessment of overseas qualification against the AQF requirements may be referred to the equivalency table for each country.
*For more information on exemption from meeting the English Language requirements (student visa assessment levels), refer to the Dept. of Home Affairs (www.homeaffairs.gov.au)
- Completion of Pre-Training Review
- Completion of an LLN Test
- Computer proficiency (to use digital technologies to access information via internet and use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Visa and Study rights in Australia: You must hold a relevant visa that allows you to study in Australia when you commence studies.
It is recommended that you have access to a PC or laptop with reliable internet connection and with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. Alternately, these equipment and software are available for use at Tr4in Right’s campus.
Assessment may be both formative and summative and may include a combination of projects, assignments, written assessments, role plays, case studies and activities.
On successful completion of this qualification, students may undertake a range of Advanced Diploma level qualifications within the BSB Business Services Training Package or other Training Packages.
Examples of indicative job roles for students on successful completion of the qualification are:
- Senior Manager
Students may exit from the program at any point and be awarded a Statement of Attainment for any completed unit of competency
With our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Credit Transfer (CT) we can help fill the gaps in your knowledge to upgrade your qualification(s) faster.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others|
|BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work|
|BSBHRM415||Coordinate recruitment and onboarding|
|BSBLDR522||Manage people performance|
|BSBHRM524||Coordinate workforce plan implementation|
|BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk|
For Direct application, please contact us on:
Tel: +61 3 9996 1986
Contact your Education Agent who will provide you with information you may require